Friday, December 6, 2013

Working on the website

Me and Tom have been working on the website for  a few days now. Tom has been telling me all about how the reading was a huge hit and that he was really impressed with the layout of the book, but now we're moving on to getting the website publication of Big Windows Review #5 ready to be publised on blogspot.

The work I've been doing has mostly been formatting each page of the physical publication as a different page of the website which can be a little bit of a headache considering how long it took to put together...now I'm deconstructing it to be organized in a more electronically friendly way.

Along with putting together the website, I've been reviewing and grading submissions for the Huron River Review, WCC's annual literary publication.

Basically, I go through a set of random submissions with names redcated and give the piece of writing a score on a scale of 1-10 to deterimine where it stands compared to every other piece of writing. Each submission is graded twice by a different person to avoid byas.

Other than that I've just been trudging along with class and work, but I've really enjoyed my time working for Tom this semester and I now understand the  vast amount of work that he spearheads every semester.

Cheer's Chris

Hours:

2 hours working on website
1 hour working on other submissions
1 hour writing emails about submissions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment