Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Organizing a Reading

After completing my class visits, which consisted of creative writing classes, handing out handbills, giving a quick breakdown of the publication efforts of WCC to get their students published both on-line and in-text, and actually participating in the classes creative writing workshops as an experienced writer and creative writing student, I began to plan an open-mic with a feature.

First, I approached Tom about having this reading at the WCC Writing Center and Tom seemed excited about it. He told me that he could get a PA system and a mic and that we could schedule it on a Friday night after the Writing Center closed for students.

My next problem was finding a feature who would perform for little to no payment. After scowering my brain for people who I would like to do a poetry reading, I drew a blank. However, I remembered that my brother, a former EMU Creative Writing major, has been doing open-mic performances for singers/songwriters. I asked him if he would consider doing a set of music and poems and he agreed.

The date was set for the Friday November 22nd.

The next thing I had to do was read through all of the submissions and to begin constructing a zine.

Hours:

11/8/13

1.5 Hour planning event

No comments:

Post a Comment